Thursday, May 21, 2009

What I'm smoking...

OK, so my beer production is on hold while I wait out my Belgian Tripel.

My golf is on hold (well, playing anyway) until this weekend. Then, I'm trying out Country Club of Roswell (in GA) to see if I want to join. I've been practicing this week, and Wednesday night I had the best night at the range I've ever had! Only 1 or 2 shots were errant and about 90% of the rest were on target! I'm excited about Saturday!

Anyway, in the meantime, I've been smoking some cigars...

The 2 reviews for tonight include the Padron 3000 Series (again, but this time with pictures!) and the Padron Londres Series.

I started the night with the 3000 Series. In my experience, this is a solid, consistent smoke. I've never, I repeat NEVER had a bad 3000 Series cigar. I smoke the Maduro version.
Here's the cigar pre-light:










These cigars smell great and always draw well! I taste a little bit of pine and leather, which apparently is exactly what I want in a cigar. These are yummy, yummy, YUMMY!

Here's the cigar after it's burned for a few minutes:







Notice the uneven burn. These cigars are not quite as well-constructed as their Anniversary Series (1964 and 1926) brethren, but this could have also been due to an uneven lighting. Without a touch-up, the burn line evened out during the smoke. No unpleasant effect was ever noticed due to the initial uneven burn line.

Here's the cigar right before its first ash-fall:














Here's the cigar right before I put it out. I smoked this baby to the nub! What a smoke!




















Here's the Londres Series cigar pre-light:


Notice that this cigar is more slender, but the same length as the 3000 Series.

I consider this cigar more of an "around the house" smoke. It's not as big as some of the other Padrons, so it smokes more quickly, but it's every bit as tasty as the others! It does smoke a little bit hotter to my taste, but I find that I can get a nice pace that keeps the smoke cool and enjoyable. Just don't puff hard and often on this one!










Here's the Londres right before its first ash-fall:




















Here's the Londres half-way through. Notice that the burn line is staying fairly consistent.





















Here's how far I smoke the Londres down!



















My final take: Well, Padron is definitely my favorite brand of cigar. Whether it's their standard "brown label" (any Series will do), or their upscale Anniversary lines, I am rarely disappointed with any of their smokes. These two tonight were especially good paired with a Chimay Blue (Grande Reserve) beglian ale. What a night! I'm not sure I'll get any sleep I'm so excited!!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment